Career women: Don’t lose out on your pensionNovember 20, 2012
Home Insurance – BenefitsNovember 20, 2012
- Note the registration of the vehicles involved. If there is damage to any other vehicle or property exchange names and addresses with any person having reasonable grounds for askingand ask the other party for their insurance details. Do not admit liability for the accident.
- If the accident involves injury to persons or certain animals, you are required by law to report the incident to the Gardai or local police if abroad as soon as possible and in any case within 24 hours. However, in the event of a minor material damage accident, it is not necessary to obtain immediate Garda attendance at the scene and the carriageway should not remain obstructed.
- Record details of all injuries and damage sustained. Draw a plan of the accident location to include approximate road measurements.
- Show the position of road signs, markings, traffic signals and vehicles involved.
- Obtain the names and addresses of any witnesses.
- Please notify us of your accident as soon as possible on one of the following numbers: We will send you an accident report form. This must be completed and returned to us as soon as possible but no later than 30 days from the date of the accident. Let us know if you receive notice of any prosecution or if other parties are to be prosecuted because of the accident.
- If your vehicle is stolen or damaged because of theft or malicious damage, immediately report the matter to the Garda or police station nearest to the location.
- All correspondence from third parties, their Insurers or representatives should be sent to us unanswered as soon as possible after receipt.
Source: Caeva O’Callaghan